Registered Electrical Contractors
Registered with Energy Safe Victoria , Electrical Contractors Number 13464. Australian Business Number 40 082 220 540.
Melbourne Based Electrical Services
Domestic, Commercial, Industrial electricians servicing Melbourne metro and surrounding suburbs, 24 hours 7 days a week.

Electrical Certificate Of Electrical Safety 


United Electrical Services supply and submit Electrical  Safety Certificate forms with all completed electrical installation works. Whether your electrical installation requirements are for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial applications including alterations, additions, new installations and electrical repairs. Many consumers are not aware about the three Electrical Safety Certificate that need to be issued by a Registered Electrical Contractors and Qualified Electrician.

Non Prescribed - Electrical Safety Certificate.

Non prescribed electrical forms are Certified and submitted for work completed for anything after the Main Switch in your Switchboard and work were a Electrical Inspector is not required.  The practical list of  Non Prescribed Electrical work can be used as a guide:

  • oven repair and installation
  • 240 volt operated door bells and intercom systems   
  • power points for security alarms
  • Electrical smoke alarms installed
  • Installing a safety switch
  • replacing a power point or light switch
  • reconnecting electrical appliances
  • disconnecting electrical appliances
  • Air conditioning repair ans installation
  • ceiling fan installation and repairs
  • light switches repair and replace
  • lighting installation and repair


Prescribed - Electrical Safety Certificate Form.

Prescribed Electrical Forms. are used to Certify electrical installations where main Switchboards are replaced and works involving an Electrical Inspector.  All Prescribed work needs to be certified and signed by a Registered Electrical Inspector.  Use the following as an example:

  • Relocation of point of attachment
  • Main earth system
  • Main switch board
  • Main switch lighting or power
  • Sub-mains, earthing systems and any distribution boards related to the control of individual occupier's portions of multiple installations unless the occupier has immediate and unimpeded access to the main switch or switches controlling the whole of the multiple installation
  • Electrical wiring and electrical equipment installed in hazardous areas within the meaning of section 9.0 of the SAA Wiring Rules and protection equipment associated with hazardous areas
  • High voltage installations except high voltage wiring and equipment that is :-
  • associated with an electric discharge lighting system; or
  • associated with X-ray equipment; or
  • associated with high frequency equipment; or
  • within self contained equipment supplied at low voltage
  • Electrical control and protection equipment associated with standby generation or co-generation electricity supply systems
  • Electric fences used for security purposes but not including electric fences intended primarily for the control or containment of animals
  • Electrical installations comprising remote area power supplies with a power rating exceeding 500 volt amperes not connected to a supply authority distribution system

Periodic Certificate

  • Periodic certificate is used for ongoing electrical work approximately 3 months, these are used more commonly in commercial or industrial maintenance electrical work.

When you employ  United Electrical Services for your next project , ask to see the Electrical Compliance form and your United Electrician will be happy to answer any questions you may have with a smile. 

The examples above are a  practical guide only and is not intended to cover all situations. refer to the Electricity Safety Act 1998 and the Electricity Safety Installation Regulations 1999. or Contact Energy Safe Victoria.